Jun 14, 2008

Would You be a Live Organ Donor ?

Read an article in the Hindu today about New York planning to follow in the steps of Spain and would start donating live organs.

So what is Live Organ Donation ?

In case of an accident apart from the mandatory ambulance ,a special ambulance would also arrive at the scene and would ascertain the situation to see whether the injuries are fatal or not (this I think would hurt many people morally).Then, if the accident indeed leads to fatal injuries, the live organs in the body are removed and used for the people in immediate need of the organs.

Apparently in the US everyday 18 people die due to insufficiency of organs.So in a country like our India ,with our infamous population the number might hover around a 100.So I ask you  :                                                                                 

                                         

Personally I would not mind it and I am completely for this.Simply because for people like me(i.e who want to help but not knowing how to do it properly) this would be an ideal opportunity to do something for this world,alive or not. Of course this is my opinion you can tell me yours in the comments.

You can read more about this here.

0 comments: